Please read these terms carefully because they apply to your use of the website that Cody Alice and it's owner, Cody Moore, operates, including the products and services provided through the Websites (collectively, the “Services”). Websites include, but are not limited to, the website operated at codyalice.com.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing with Cody Alice, your use of any Website or Service will always be subject to, at a minimum, the terms and conditions set out in this document.
In addition, your use of any Website or Service may also be subject to the terms of any legal notice applicable to the Website or Service, in addition to the Master Terms. All such terms supplementing these Master Terms are referred to below as the “Additional Terms.” Where Additional Terms apply to a Website or Service, these will be accessible for you to read either within, or through your use of, that Website or Service.
The Master Terms, together with any Additional Terms, form a binding legal agreement between you and Cody Alice in relation to your use of the Websites and the Services. Collectively, this legal agreement is referred to below as the “Terms.” If there is any contradiction between the Additional Terms and the Master Terms, then the Additional Terms shall take precedence in relation to the Website or Service to which the Additional Terms apply.
Your Agreement to the Terms
Your access or use of any Website or Service in any way signifies that you have read, understand and agree to these Terms. By accessing or using any Website or Service you also represent that you have the legal authority to accept the Terms on behalf of yourself and any party you represent in connection with your use of any Website or Service. If you do not agree to the Terms, you are please do not use any Website or Service.
Changes to the Terms
Cody Alice reserves the right to change, remove, add to or modify the Terms in our sole discretion. In these cases, we will post the updated terms or additional terms and indicate the date of revision. In addition, we may at times make reasonable efforts to notify you by your email address, if we have one on file, or we may display a notice on the website indicating that the Terms have changed. All new and/or amended Terms take effect immediately. No modification to the Terms will apply to any dispute between you and Cody Alice that arose prior to the date of any modification. If you do not agree with any modification to the Terms, you may terminate the agreement by not using this site. Your continued use of any site after new and/or revised Terms are instated indicate that you have read, understood and agreed to those Terms.
Provision of the Websites and Services Generally
Cody Alice makes the Websites and Services available to you on the Terms. You may only use the Websites and Services in accordance with these Master Terms and any applicable Additional Terms. In particular but without limitation, you may not use the Websites and Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Master Terms, any applicable Additional Terms, or any other conditions or notices that are made available on any Website or Service.
All imagery and content on this site is copyright Cody Moore unless otherwise noted. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited, unless authorized by Cody Moore.
Disclaimer of Warranties
To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, Cody Alice offers the Websites and Services as-is and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Websites or Services, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Cody Alice does not warrant that the functions or content contained on the Website or Services will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or Cody Alice servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. Cody Alice does not warrant or make any representation regarding use or the result of use of the content in terms of accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Limitation of Liability
Except to the extent required by applicable law and then only to that extent, in no event will Cody Alice be liable to you on any legal theory for incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages, including without limitation, loss of revenue or income, lost profits, pain and suffering, emotional distress, cost of substitute goods or services, or similar damages suffered or incurred by you or any third party that arise in connection with the Websites or Services (or the termination thereof for any reason), even if Cody Alice have been advised of the possibilities of such damages.
Cody Alice shall not be responsible or liable whatsoever in any manner for any content posted on the Websites or Services. Including claims of infringement relating to content posted on the Websites or Services, for your use of the Websites and Services, or for the conduct of Third Parties whether on the Websites, in connection with the Services or otherwise relating to the Websites or Services.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Cody Alice from and against any and all loss, expenses, damages, and costs, including without limitation reasonable attorneys fees, resulting, whether directly or indirectly, from your violation of the Terms. You also agree to indemnify and hold harmless Cody Alice from and against any and all claims brought by Third Parties arising out of your use of any of the Websites or Services and the Content you make available via any of the Websites or Services by any means, including without limitation through a posting, a link, reference to Content, or otherwise.
The Websites and Services may contain trademarks, service marks, logos and other names that are the property of Cody Alice or such other party as indicated with respect to that name or icon.
Cody Alice respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we prohibit users of our Websites and Services from submitting, uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting any materials that violate another person’s intellectual property rights.
Additionally, it is our policy to terminate usage rights and any applicable user accounts of users we determine to be “repeat infringers” of others’ copyrights.
Content hosted on Third Party Websites is the responsibility of those Websites, and not of Cody Alice.
Third Party Websites and Content; Links
The Websites or Services may contain links to websites not controlled by Cody Alice (“Third Party Websites”), as well as Content belonging to or originating from persons or organizations other than Cody Alice (“Third Party Content”). You acknowledge that Cody Alice is not responsible or liable for any Third Party Websites or any Third Party Content, information or products made available at any Third Party Website. You further acknowledge that Cody Alice (a) is not responsible or liable for any Third Party Websites or any Third Party Content, information or products made available at any Third Party Website; (b) has not reviewed any Third Party Websites or Third Party Content for accuracy, appropriateness, completeness or non infringement; (c) has not sponsored or otherwise endorsed Third Party Websites or Third Party Content; and (d) makes no representations or warranties whatsoever about any Third Party Websites or Third Party Content. Third party Websites are independent of Cody Alice and have separate privacy and data collection practices. Therefore you access them at your own risk. Please e-mail Cody Alice with feedback on the Website and the Websites we link to (including if a specific link does not work).
Users agree not to use the Websites or Services to:
- Post, use or transmit Content that you do not have the right to post or use, for example, under intellectual property, confidentiality, privacy or other applicable laws;
- Post, use or transmit unsolicited or unauthorized Content, including advertising or promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation or advertising;
- Post, use or transmit Content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the Websites or Services or servers or networks connected to the Websites or Services, or that disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Websites or Services;
- Post or transmit Content that is harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful or otherwise discriminatory, false and misleading, incites an illegal act, or is otherwise in breach of your obligations to any person or contrary to any applicable laws and regulations;
- Intimidate or harass another;
- Use or attempt to use another’s account, service, or personal information;
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features that enforce limitations on the use of the Websites or Services;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Websites or Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Websites or Services, through hacking password mining or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Websites or Services or any activities conducted through the Websites or Services;
- Impersonate another person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
In addition, you may not (and may not authorize another party to): (i) frame or otherwise co-brand the Websites or Services (for example, by displaying a name, logo, trademark or other means of attribution of a third party that is reasonably likely to give the user the impression that that third party has the right to display, publish or distribute the Website or Service); or, (ii) use any Website or Service in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage or impair such Website or Service, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Website or Service.
Terms Relating to Content on the Websites and Services
Responsibility for Content. You understand that all material, data and information, such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images (collectively, “Content”) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Websites and Services are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This includes assertions that persons may make, expressly or impliedly, about the provenance and ownership of Content that they supply, upload, list and/or link to. You acknowledge that Cody Alice does not make any representations or warranties about the Content, including without limitation, about the accuracy, integrity or quality of the Content made available at the instigation of users of the Websites and Services. You understand that by using the Websites and Services, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances is Cody Alice liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to: any infringing Content, any errors or omissions in Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, transmitted to, linked to or otherwise accessible or made available via the Websites and Services.
- Licenses Associated With Content on the Websites and Services.
- Cody Alice Content: All Content (other than computer software) owned by Cody Moore and made available by Cody Moore on the Websites or through the Services is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivatives 4.0 International license, unless marked otherwise.
- Your Content: You retain the copyright in Content you own and that you provide on the Websites or in connection with the Services. You hereby agree that all Content you own and voluntarily provide to Cody Alice on or through any Website or Service may be used under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license or any later version of a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. You may license your Content on any terms or no terms at all. For Content you upload onto the Websites or supply in connection with the Services that is not owned by you, you agree that all such Content has been licensed by its owner under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license, is not copyrightable, or is in the public domain.
- Third Party Content: Third Party Content and Third Party Websites (as defined in Section 9, below) that Cody Alice links to or embeds in the Websites or that are provided through the Services, including but not limited to blogs and news feeds, are subject to the license terms accompanying such Content.
- Search Results: Cody Alice provides website search tools as a Service on some of the Websites. Those search tools may return Content that is not Cody Alice licensed. You should independently verify the terms of the license attached to any Content you intend to use.
- Content You Provide. You may only submit Content to the Websites or in connection with the Services that you have the right to submit. This means that you can only submit Content that you yourself create, that is in the public domain or that you have been expressly granted the right to submit consistent with the Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, Content that infringes the rights of any Third Party (e.g., Content used without express permission of the copyright owner and not otherwise permitted by law) must not be submitted. You represent, warrant and agree that no Content of any kind submitted, posted or otherwise shared by you on or through any of the Websites or Services, violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights, or contains libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. Further, you represent, warrant and agree not to submit any personally identifiable information, including any Content containing personally identifiable information, about any person who is under 13 years of age. Cody Alice may, but is not obligated to, review your submissions and may delete or remove (without notice) any Content in its sole discretion that Cody Alice determines violates the Terms or that may be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm or threaten the safety of others. Cody Alice does not endorse or support any Content posted by you or any other Third Party on or through the Websites or Services. You alone are responsible for creating backup copies and replacing any Content you post on the Websites or Services, and you authorize Cody Alice to make copies of your Content as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting of your Content on the Websites or Services. You may request the removal of your Content from the Websites or Services at any time, and Cody Alice will take reasonable steps to promptly remove such Content; provided, however, that Cody Alice can remove any such Content only from its Websites and cannot remove Content from email archives, wiki history pages and similar community forums where you may post content, or others’ computers, such as Content you may have sent to others in an email posted to a Cody Alice email list. If you choose to remove your Content, the Creative Commons license you granted when submitting such Content (see subparagraph (b)(ii), above) will remain in full force and effect in accordance with its terms.
Use of Content on the Website or Services. You may use the Content you find on the Websites or Services in accordance with the terms of the license applicable to that Content. For the avoidance of doubt, you must attribute all Content (except public domain Content) in the manner specified by the author or licensor (including attribution to any designated Attribution Party) and in accordance with the terms of such license and you must not remove or alter any copyright, trademark, name or other notice or legend that appears in connection with the Content. You represent and warrant to Cody Alice that you will use any and all Content on our Websites or Services in accordance with the applicable license. You should be sure to review the terms of that license before you use the Content to which it applies so that you know what you can and cannot do. By using the Websites or Services, you agree that you are solely responsible for your use of any and all Content made available thereon. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the provenance, ownership, accuracy, completeness, or reliability of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content made available on the Websites or Services without your own independent evaluation of that Content.
These Master Terms and any Additional Terms are governed by and construed by the laws of the State of Missouri, in the United States, exclusive of its choice of law rules. The parties agree that any disputes or proceedings between Cody Alice and you concerning these Master Terms, any Additional Terms, and/or any of the Websites or Services shall be brought in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Missouri, and hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue of such court. Either party’s failure to insist on or enforce strict performance of any of the Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. If any term or part of the Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any law or regulation or final determination of a competent court or tribunal, that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. The parties agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Cody Alice as a result of these Master Terms, any Additional Terms, or your use of any of the Websites or Services. These Master Terms and any applicable Additional Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Cody Alice relating to this subject matter and supersede all prior, contemporaneous and future communications (with the exception of future amendments to the Terms as made available by Cody Alice from time to time) between you and Cody Alice. A printed version of the Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based on or relating to the Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generating and maintained in printed form.
Termination of this Agreement
These Terms and any Additional Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or Cody Alice as set out below. Your right to access and use the Websites and Services terminates automatically upon your breach of any of these Master Terms or Additional Terms that may apply to any of the Websites or Services.
Cody Alice may, at any time: (a) modify, suspend or terminate the operation of or access to any of the Websites or Services, or any portion of the Websites or Services, for any reason; (b) modify or change the Websites or Services, or any portion of the Websites or Services, and any Master Terms, Additional Terms and other policies governing the use of the Websites or Services, for any reason; (c) interrupt the operation of the Websites or Services, or any portion of the Websites or Services, for any reason, all as Cody Alice deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
Your access to, and use of, the Websites or Services may be terminated by you or by Cody Alice at any time and for any reason. Cody Alice will use reasonable efforts to notify you in advance about any material modification, suspension or termination by Cody Alice that is not caused by your breach of the Terms.
The disclaimer of warranties, the limitation of liability and the jurisdiction and applicable law provisions shall survive any termination. The license grants mentioned herein shall continue in effect subject to the terms of the applicable license. Your warranties and indemnification obligations shall survive any termination for one year.